Happies and Crappies Friday #3Friday, February 15, 2013
Linking up with Sarah and Stephanie :)
- This week had a very "sweet" holiday, Valentine's! I love this holiday, and our day went better than I could have thought! I tend to have a bad habit of putting too many expectations on fun occasions, especially when I'm planning awhile ahead. I always end up being let down. This wasn't the case this year though. I think I'm getting better at managing my expectations, and our day was so fun and romantic. It's definitely close to the top of the list of our better Valentine's experiences!
- I got to work three times this week (actually at this moment, it's been two, but by the time you read this I'll probably be working my third shift). I love how much I have been welcomed in my new workplace, and the only thing I hope is that I don't catch this flu bug going around. I haven't caught it yet, so knock on wood!
- Last Friday night, after that day's H&C's had been posted, we went bowling with some friends. I had been after Dane to take me all winter, so that was super fun! I am totally terrible at it, but it's such a good time anyways. I could bowl every weekend and not get bored, I'm sure! Ok, well maybe I'm not totally sure, but I could definitely go more than once every couple of years, this I know!
- I actually did some yoga this week. I felt so good after I did it, but during was really hard. I knew I had let myself get out of shape, but I hadn't realized just how much. My legs were shaking so bad trying to hold some of the poses, and I was definitely not where I used to be. To put this in perspective for you, a year ago I was running eight+ miles a week, training for the ten mile run I did in April. Yeah, I really let myself go. but kudos to me for actually doing something about it this week!
- It has been super sunny, and hitting the low sixties all week long. I can't even describe how awesome that has been. I even opened up some windows to air out my house today, for the first time in months! It's so great!
- I actually didn't really have much for crappies this week. The one thing I can think of, some sad news I received, is not something I feel like discussing here. So I'll just be glad that my week was mostly good, and hopefully that will continue!
Have a great weekend everybody, and thanks for stopping by!