Happies and Crappies Friday #6Friday, March 08, 2013
- I've started eating a lot healthier this week, and training for my 5k run has officially started! So, needless to say, I'm feeling really good! It's amazing what cleaner eating and regular exercise can do for my body. Whenever I'm doing it, I can't imagine why I would ever stop!
- I won another giveaway! I know, what's up with that? Two in two weeks, man I'm feeling lucky! Maybe it's time to head to the casino, eh? Anyway, this one was for two pairs of earrings from Thrifty Girls Get Deals, and it was hosted by the amazing Heather, of Bumblebee! She is just too cute, and I love her blog, so if you don't already follow her, please do! You won't regret it!
- This week has been okay in the weather department, but the forecast for the weekend is sun! We're going to be having our first barbecue of the weekend at my in-law's house on Sunday. I can't wait!
- I finally figured out how to make my first blog button, complete with grab box! I'm slowly getting the hang of some of this techy stuff, and I'm liking it a lot! I'm also working on a sponsor page, and soon I'll be ready to start swapping buttons. I'll be sure to let you know when it's up and running!
- All day at school on Thursday, kids were asking me how old I was. Not in a "wow, you're old" kind of way, but in a "are you old enough to be a teacher" kind of way. You see, this elementary has high school students come in and help out as aides, and the kids constantly think I'm one of them. I had kids ask if I was a college student (which, I guess, I could be), how old I was, and how long I've been a teacher! It made for a fun day, but hey! I'm still old enough that hearing how young I look comes across as a compliment!
- I've been super sore all week! I guess that's what I get for not seriously working out in the last six months. Hopefully it won't be too long before it clears up!
- I just cannot seem to keep up on laundry these days! I'm constantly behind, and even though I'll almost catch up every week, I never quite make it. Then, next thing I know, another week's gone by and I'm out of everything! Then it's back at it, fighting with that overflowing hamper. It never ends! Oh, and don't even get me started on the pile on the floor of my laundry room. You know, those things that aren't essentials, like random socks, towels, guest room bedding. They don't seem to be going anywhere, but I know that I will feel so, so much better when I finally get around to getting them all done!