Happies and Crappies Friday #10Friday, April 05, 2013
- As much as I miss being with my family in Idaho, it's really nice to be back home! Sometimes it's hard to feel like home is two different places, but I'm happy that I can be happy at both.
- I have been working tons this week. I don't think I've had a busier work week since I started at the school! It's been a lot of fun though, and I'm really enjoying it. (plus, it's really nice to hear everyday how appreciated I am, by the students and teachers alike!)
- This weekend I will be working on my garden. I'll be planting some hydrangea bushes, and maybe a few other things. Then, Dane and our neighbors are finally going to take care of the eye sore that is our side bed/weed patch next to the driveway! The neighbors have some dogwoods, so they offered to help plant them there as a bit of a privacy barrier. Our yard should be looking fantastic by the end of the weekend!
- I tried out a delicious brownie recipe this week, and by tried, I mean I ate way too many! But I'm justifying it to myself because they were "healthy." They were whole wheat, and made with agave syrup instead of sugar. There was a lot of cocoa powder, so it almost had a flourless cake texture going on. I may share the recipe soon, because they were very good!
- My house is still a hot mess from my being gone! Being so busy has meant that I've only done the bare minimum. I guess house work will be on the list of things to do this weekend as well.
- Time management has really been on my mind lately, mostly because I'm always running late and being late to everything! I didn't use to be this way, and I'm not sure why it started, but this last year or so has been terrible. I've started noticing a direct link between my nerves/anxiety and when I'm frantically rushing because I'm running behind. It happens pretty much everyday, and even thinking about it starts to make me feel stressed! I'm so over it, I'm going to have to figure out a plan to stop. No more running late for this girl!
Happy Friday, and I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!